My new daily goal

Just now after much, much pondering and calculating, I have finally decided upon a new daily writing goal for myself. This new goal is absolutely shocking. You would never expect that I would be lowering the count!

My goal used to be 300 words. Then it was lowered to 200 words. I am now lowering it once more to just 160 words.

My reasoning behind this: It is easier to write 160 words than 200, no? My aim for before the year's end is to have reached very near the end of my novel by the 31st of December. This new 160 word aim gives me 4,800 words a month, and in extension I would have more than 75,000 words by the end of the year!

What are your thoughts? Am I thinking too much? Should I have a higher goal?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Welcome to The Dark Corner of the Mind. My name is Ryan Sullivan and my aim with this blog is to help others with their own writing, as well as to make note of some of my own writing endeavours.

Here at The Dark Corner, Real Life is both our best friend and our worst enemy. Look to him for inspiration, but don't let him get in the way too much.

If he does, bribe him with cookies.

Mailing list for new books by Ryan Sullivan


Click for Amazon page!

Three Bridges

Total Pageviews


Recent Comments