Habitual March: Day 9

My first day with this set-up has been successful!

Today: 410 words.


Funnily enough, this keeps me above my goal line for this month, all thanks to the 1,000+ words I wrote at the start of the month.

Now comes the challenge: Keeping up with this every day. I'm sure I'll veer off track at some point, but hopefully I can at least get a decent chunk done before then.

I could even end up taking this all the way to the end of the novel. [Laughs.] Wouldn't that be nice?

posted under |

4 comments:

Mysti said...

Well done Ryan! Keep it up, and before you know it, that manuscript will be done. I keep pressing on, writing in my little spurts between chores :)

Great quote on CC today: "If you want to be a writer, write." Whatever helps you keep at it, then that's what you should do!

Shannon said...

I love how a good day can really make up for bad days. That gives me a lot of hope!

Ryan Sullivan said...

Thanks, Mysti!

My weekend is full, and I know I won't be able to write during it. It's full, as in, I'm going away and won't be able to write again until Monday night.

So here's hoping I can get right back on track when I get back.

Sarah Allen said...

Way to go! Setting goals is always good, though not always easy. Best of luck!

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Welcome to The Dark Corner of the Mind. My name is Ryan Sullivan and my aim with this blog is to help others with their own writing, as well as to make note of some of my own writing endeavours.

Here at The Dark Corner, Real Life is both our best friend and our worst enemy. Look to him for inspiration, but don't let him get in the way too much.

If he does, bribe him with cookies.

Mailing list for new books by Ryan Sullivan


Click for Amazon page!

Three Bridges

Total Pageviews


Recent Comments