Print Preview: Formatting for CreateSpace A Step-by-Step Guide

The aim with this series of posts will be to provide you all with a step-by-step guide for how to get from this:


to something like this:


I used this as a guide, but it took a lot of fiddling around to work it out. Go ahead and jump straight into Jenyfer Matthews's guide if you want to get into the nitty gritty right now. Otherwise, I'll be showing you the step-by-step process I followed that resulted in the above.

The series will include:
- Margins

- Front matter
- Section breaks
- Page numbers
- Headers
- Font choice
- Dropped caps

posted under |

3 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks, Ryan, I've bookmarked this. I only have to look at Createspace and I get a headache, but I really need to get onto it.

Jean Davis said...

With the NaNo CreateSpace offer looming again this year, I'll have to remember to send people here to check out your formatting posts. :)

Julia Hones said...

I will be checking these posts, Ryan. Very useful.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Welcome to The Dark Corner of the Mind. My name is Ryan Sullivan and my aim with this blog is to help others with their own writing, as well as to make note of some of my own writing endeavours.

Here at The Dark Corner, Real Life is both our best friend and our worst enemy. Look to him for inspiration, but don't let him get in the way too much.

If he does, bribe him with cookies.

Mailing list for new books by Ryan Sullivan


Click for Amazon page!

Three Bridges

Total Pageviews


Recent Comments