This one's a no-breaking-allowed rule. 500 words every single day for the next "forever until I've finished the first draft". That's massive. Can you imagine? A 90,000 word novel every six months!
I'd been mulling the idea over in my head for a while, but it wasn't until this morning (about 3:00) that I spontaneously wrote out these plans for possible ways to tackle it.
The first one was very simple.
- No internet until 500 words.
- 500 words -> First thing in the morning.
The second, for when school was in, was relatively complex.
Extreme School-Time Plan
Night [ 9:30pm: Mini-outline for morning.
before [ 10:00pm: Sleep.
- 6:40am: Wake up -> Load up laptop -> Coffee
- 6:50am: Write or Die, 300 words -> 5min break
- 7:25am: Write or Die, 200 words
- 7:45am: Prepare for school
Editing morning's work
- 9:30pm: Mini-outline for morning.
- 10:00pm: Sleep.
Fridays and Saturdays are free-rein.
[I made a note reminding myself that I was thereby sacrificing "late TV shows".]
The alternative came to me a sleepless hour later.
Not-So-Extreme School-Time Plan [Note to self: Very easy to adapt to.]
- Home from school: NO INTERNET until 500 words done.
- 4:00pm: 300 words Write or Die -> 10min break
- 4:40pm: 200 words Write or Die
- 5:00pm onwards:
Weekends: NO INTERNET until 500 words done. Writing first thing before leisure.
Note to self: No sacrifice, plenty of leisure and homework time.
Note to self: 15,000 words per month = 90,000 words every 6 months.
So you can probably guess that, at this point, I've chosen the second option.
As far as the holidays go, last night I wrote 600 words. Today I plan to write 1,000. We'll see how this goes. If I can make a daily routine out of this...
...then I believe I will deserve at least three pats on the back.
- A Look Back
- A Magical World
- A. Deviation
- Aundes Aura
- Aundes Aura Music
- Blog Related
- Character Interviews
- Every Thousand Words
- Fantasy World Building
- From Plan to Paper
- I Can't Draw
- Maechre Aura
- MIP (Maps in Progress)
- Motivation and Momentum
- My Life In Writing
- Novel Progress Updates
- On Writing
- Print Preview
- Revising and Editing
- Sample Sunday
- Short Stories
- Spontaneous Linkage
- Statistics Day
- Symptoms of a Sleep-Deprived Author
- That Fifth Glyph
- The Válkia Chronicles
- Three Bridges
- Válkian History
- Word Count
- Writer's Block
- Writers' Tools
- Writing Challenges
- ► 2012 (22)
- ► 2011 (87)
- Outlining: My Three Outlines
- Revisiting "The Carrot": Update
- Help changing the name of a major character.
- Revisiting "The Carrot": 2,000 words
- I Can't Draw: Birds
- Super-Goal: 500 Words a Day
- Grammar: The "Apostrophe S"
- Three Bridges: Early Planning
- The Válkia Chronicles: Early Planning
- Válkian History: On Measures of Time
- A Profound Sense of Melancholy
- ▼ September (11)